Q: How should pregnant women use the seat belt?

How should pregnant women use the seat belt?

Anyone riding in or driving the car must be buckled up. Not only is it the law, but it’s the only way to reduce the chance of injury during an accident. Don’t rely on your air bags to protect you. For pregnant women riding in or driving the Fusion, adjusting the seat belt is important for safety and for comfort. Here’s how to do it:

• Situate the lap belt under your belly, but over your hips.

• Make sure the shoulder belt routes over the side of your stomach, across your chest and then over your shoulder. It should sit on the center of your chest.

Tips

• Use the seat belt adjusters to make sure the shoulder belt doesn’t touch your neck.

• Don’t ride with the lap belt or the shoulder belt over your stomach.