Q: Warning Liftgate Open

Hi the liftgate is closed but I still get the warning and chime could something be frozen in the latch or switch maybe? thanks a lot

Hi there. It is very possible that the sensor connected to the lift gate is damaged or simply dirty. Tailgate Open warning light is located on the instrument panel, and will illuminate when the trunk is not properly closed. When the trunk is closed completely, the light will go away. Like all warning lights, the Tailgate Open warning light briefly illuminates when the car is turned on. The light is only a problem if it stays lit when the engine is running and the vehicle is in gear. The best way to diagnose this is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete an inspection to determine why the light is active, so they can make the appropriate repairs.

3. Warning Liftgate Open