Q: Need to know how to replace oil pan gasket

I need to replace the oil pan gasket in my older model car. I see from my research online that I have to raise the motor before I can replace the oil pan gasket. I do some of my own auto repair and is this something that I can do myself and if so, could you give me steps or direct me to the proper instructions.

With vehicles that require the engine to be raised with the oil pan replacement, it can be much more complicated than one that does not require lifting. Many times, other items have to be removed before the engine can be lifted and care must be taken to lift from proper points to avoid damaging the engine. If you want to have this done for you, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace your oil pan gasket for you.