Q: Car will not shift into any gear. When I put car in park, it makes a grinding noise.

Car won't engage gears went around curve thought tire blew..car will start run etc will not move

If the gears are not engaging and there is a grinding noise, then it is very possible that there is a failure within the transmission. The noise could be from a front pump failure or possible main shaft damage within the transmission. I recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is not shifting properly and the source of the noise.

• Car will not shift into any gear. When I put car in park, it makes a grinding noise.