Q: Car not starting - maybe ignition coil?

my engine was sputtering in the rain or with enough humidity. last week, while I was driving, my ipod would periodically turn off and turn on again and the heat inside the cabin was wavering because the fan would lose power every now and again. and then one day it didn't start in the cold. I figured it might be the ignition coil, took off the distributor cap and noticed a huge crack in it. after replacing the cap, I got a jump but my car wouldn't start again after that. is it the ignition coil? is it my wiring? could it be sparks? i don't think it's the starter because I put in a new starter about a year ago.

You will need to take out one spark plug wire off a spark plug and put it near a ground with a screw driver or spark tester installed and crank engine to see if there is spark. If no spark then you may have a bad distributor. I would recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic check and replace the distributor for you.

3. Car not starting - maybe ignition coil?