Q: What does the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) Check warning light mean?

What does the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) Check warning light mean?

A: If your car has a Continuously Variable Tra...

If your car has a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT), there is a warning light in the dash designed to come on if a malfunction is detected. However, the light should come on briefly during the cranking process. It shouldn’t stay on any longer than two seconds. If it stays on, or comes on while you’re driving, it indicates there’s a problem with the transmission and you need to have it serviced as soon as possible.