Q: The AC on my 2009 Altima is not working. The clutch does not engage and there is no power at the harness on the compressor.

asked by on May 24, 2017

The AC stopped working in the winter and I didn't bother looking into it until now. If you push the AC button, the light goes on but the clutch does not engage. I checked the fuse and it is fine and there is power going to the fuse block when I turn the AC on. I pulled the connector at the compressor and am not getting any power there when then AC button is on. I am confused as to what to test next because I can't tell if the relay is built into the IPDM under the hood or if it is located behind the fuse panel under the dash (I can see some relays behind it but have no idea how to get to them). I have not tested the pressure either so I suppose it is possible that if it is low, the low pressure sensor would prevent the clutch from engaging. Do I need to test that first and if so, can it be done without bringing it to a shop? Anything else I can test myself? Thank you.

AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $116.46 Get a Quote

Hi there. I would highly recommend having one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete an AC is not working inspection, before attempting further diagnosis. There are several possible reasons why you might be having these problems, so it’s always best to let a professional mechanic with experience in these areas diagnose the issue first.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr