Q: Power door lock diagnosis

I just replaced the front drivers side exterior handle and when locked any way (manual, key, or remote) it would unlock immediately. I realized a clip was broken and fixed that problem. Now it locks but I can't open it from the inside. I don't see any obvious reasons why it won't. The front passenger door makes a growling noise when unlocking.There is also a clicking noise coming from behind the glove box when unlocking the doors. It's been making these two noises. HELP!

A: Hi there. The driver door has a door lock ...

Hi there. The driver door has a door lock release solenoid that operates the latch. This solenoid is attached to the door lock latch. The plastic clip that you removed was for the return of the door lock. I recommend getting a new plastic clip and putting it back on. Then check the door striker plate and makes sure that the door is shutting all the way. A driver door that is not shut all the way will automatically unlock when locked. As for the sound in the passenger door, the solenoid may be sticking and needs replaced. The ticking noise in the dash could be the relay clicking as the doors are locked. Usually, this cannot be heard when vehicles have an alarm on the lock system and sets the horn or a beep sound. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with the electrical issues with your door locks.