Q: Hello, my car has no spark, no controlled ground for the fuel pump, and no injector pulse. Fuse link close to the battery and relays are good.

asked by on October 20, 2016

Won't start, no spark,no injectors pulse, no controled ground on fuel pump,fuse link close to batt are good, how can i check ecu. The red light or green light in ecu dont work can you please tell me how to check it

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. The ECU is under your passenger’s side seat. You can gain access to it by simply sliding the seat all the way forward and removing the plastic cover from the ECU. You can also remove the seat if you want, it makes access a little easier.

The 4-cylinder ECU has a slotted switch that turns 1/4 or 1/2 turn clockwise and counterclockwise to do the same task. Turn the ignition switch on, but do not start the engine. All of the lights in the dash should be on. Turn the ’diagnostic mode selector’ screw on the ECU fully clockwise. The Check Engine Light will go out then wait 5 seconds, and turn the screw fully counter clockwise. The Check Engine Light will then begin to flash the trouble code (number of long flashes is the 1st digit, number of short flashes is the 2nd digit).

To clear all stored codes and turn the Check Engine Light off, turn the screw fully clockwise while it is in diagnostic mode. Wait 5 seconds, then turn the screw fully counter clockwise.

If you need assistance with your no spark issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic to help you with your vehicle.