Q: My engine will start, but it idles rough and then stalls out.

asked by on November 03, 2016

I got into an accident on the front end but didn't see any visible damage to the engine.

Hi there. Getting into an accident, may have created a poor electrical connection in the engine management system. Starting the engine, having a rough idle and stalls could be any number of component failures. Identifying whether there is a loss of fuel or spark, would help to know the direction of repair.

A fuel pressure test and spark output test needs to be performed. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I recommend your vehicle’s starting and stalling condition be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.