Q: Horn stopped working due to headlight washers - 2011 Porsche Panamera

My car’s horn has stopped functioning. It was not until I needed to avoid a potential accident that I became aware that it was not working. I had a dealer to tell me that this problem is common among Porsche models that have headlight washers. Evidently, if I understand correctly, the washer system leaks behind the headlights where the horn is located. Before I allow them to proceed in replacing the horn, do you know if there is a permanent solution for this problem so that I don’t have to go through all this again?

A: Yes, this is a known problem with the Panam...

Yes, this is a known problem with the Panamera. Porsche does not seem to have an "official" fix. One solution would be to rotate the horn so that the opening is aimed "down" to prevent moisture from collecting in the horn.