Q: Van stalls out after driving several miles - 1991 Ford E-150 Econoline Club Wagon

When I drive for about eight miles on average, my van stalls out. When it happens, I have to let it sit so that I can get it started again. There are other minor problems like the non-functioning AC and the fuel gauge. However, I was wondering what I could do to keep the van running and prevent it from stalling. What do you suggest? What kind of repairs should I do?

If the van stalls after driving 8 miles then it should also die if you let it run for 15 or 20 minutes. This will help to diagnose the problem to be a loss of ignition spark or loss of fuel pressure. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to address these issues, and make the necessary repairs to prevent future vehicle stalling.

3. Van stalls out after driving several miles - 1991 Ford E-150 Econoline Club Wagon