Q: Van stalls out after driving several miles - 1991 Ford E-150 Econoline Club Wagon

When I drive for about eight miles on average, my van stalls out. When it happens, I have to let it sit so that I can get it started again. There are other minor problems like the non-functioning AC and the fuel gauge. However, I was wondering what I could do to keep the van running and prevent it from stalling. What do you suggest? What kind of repairs should I do?

If the van stalls after driving 8 miles then it should also die if you let it run for 15 or 20 minutes. This will help to diagnose the problem to be a loss of ignition spark or loss of fuel pressure. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to address these issues, and make the necessary repairs to prevent future vehicle stalling.

• Van stalls out after driving several miles - 1991 Ford E-150 Econoline Club Wagon