Q: Truck won't run like it used to

asked by on October 10, 2016

I just put a K&N air intake in my truck and it stalled and then there was a rough idle. Then when you give it gas it feels like it has half the power than it had and then it gets twice the power out of nowhere then the next day put the stock on and got the same problem. Got my scanner out and got some p0104, p3425, p3444, and p3449. Need help fast

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. Believe it or not, this happens quite a bit when people swap OEM air filters to K&N or other products. It has nothing to do with the aftermarket part however. The P-0104 OBD-II error code along with the others you listed are directly related to the mass air flow sensor. If the sensor is damaged, or was unplugged during your K & N installation it will trigger all these error codes. Try looking at the mass air flow sensor to see if the sensor was unplugged, then try to reset the error codes and start again. If this doesn’t help, I suggest contacting a mechanic to give you a hand trying to diagnose your problems. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.