Q: Choosing a new car... Lexus GX 460 or Mercedes GL (gas or diesel)

Trying to decide on next SUV... Looking at Lexus GX 460 or Mercedes GL (gas or diesel). What are your thoughts in comparing these 2? Carl

A: I personally prefer diesel over gas because...

I personally prefer diesel over gas because they generally last longer. I would also go with Mercedes over Lexus but that is just my personal opinion. I have worked on both types of vehicles and would rather work on a Mercedes instead of a Lexus. With Lexus’s however, it may be easier to find parts for because they are manufactured by Toyota and the parts that are used for them are generally Toyota parts. Keep in mind that Mercedes will cost more to fix if something happens to it but generally speaking, Mercedes won’t break as much. Either way, both are dependable vehicles though. If you’re buying a used car, I would recommend having one of our mobile technicians perform a pre-purchase inspection to assess the car’s overall condition and give you some peace of mind with the car you choose.