Q: my car starts but will shake and shut off

the car runs fine and dosent shake if i apply a small amount of gas but as soon as i let go of the peddle it shakes for a second or two then will stall its self out is this a easy fix and if not can i drive it around with it in that condition i have replaced the sprak plugs and whires to the spark plugs i put a new battery in it and put a new air fillter i bought the o2 sencores but couldnt get the old ones off i bought them cause the scan thing for the computer said that was the code showing up i also called napa and asked if they had a mass air flow sencer and they told me my car dont have one is this true

Hi there. When a car’s engine vibrates, it could be caused by dozens of different fuel and ignition system components. This is why it’s always best to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a check engine light inspection first. This inspection allows the mechanic to download all stored error codes that are triggered by sensors and electrical components when a fault is detected; and makes the diagnostic process much easier. And to answer your last question, yes, the 1997 Toyota Corolla does have a mass air flow sensor.

3. my car starts but will shake and shut off