Q: My car won't start, 2006 Chevrolet Impala

asked by on August 23, 2016

When I attempt to start my car it won't crank. It makes a continuous clicking sound when I turn the key. I was told it was my battery so I bought a new one and it fixed the issue for about a week now it's doing it again. What else could it be?

You will need to check the power from the starter relay is getting to the starter motor solenoid to actuate the starter. If it does not, then replace the relay and retest. If power gets to the starter but it does not engage, then replace the starter. If you need help testing this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location can come to your home or office to inspect the starting issue and perform any needed repairs.