Q: I changed my starter relay and tested my starter but my truck still won't crank or start it just turns everything on

I've looked online and seen that it could be the ignition but I don't think that's it I know once I put the key in it won't crank because I don't hear the ding key alert it started this after I hooked my music up it did it once before then but I jiggled the starter relay and it worked

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first thing we need to discuss is the testing of starters. Starters are only bench tested typically, which means they hook up a power supply and watch for it to function. What they are not taking into account is that the starter needs to not only spin, but it has to push the over the engine. This is a heavy load, and starters are not tested for it. With that being said, I believe you need to replace the starter. It is not unusual for a vehicle with this many miles on it to experience issues with the unit. The ignition can be tested electrically, as can the starter. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.