Q: Bad engine problems, should I get rid of the car?

I've had the worst luck with my 2005 Nissan Sentra. I blew a head gasket at just 30,000 miles. After that was replaced, the car made it another 1,000 miles before the engine block cracked! I had the engine replaced and then blew another head gasket yesterday. I'm really disappointed with the poor quality of this car. It's currently at 64,000 miles. Is it worth repairing again if there’s a chance the entire engine is ruined?

You say the first engine overheated and the head gasket was replaced. I assume the thermostat was the cause. Depending on how hot the engine got before blowing the head gasket, it must of weakened the engine block so that it cracked. The new engine blew a head gasket after 34,000 miles. Was the thermostat the cause again? I would suggest having the head gasket changed and take a chance that the engine is ok. You should also have the radiator checked for blockage and replaced if you used any sealers. The engine block may need cleaning out if blocked as well.