Q: 2009 Chevy Aveo engine light went on two weeks after the thermostat housing was replaced.

I replaced the thermostat hpusing n radiator hose two weeks ago now the check engine light is back on but the antifreeze levels are fine.

The check engine light can come on for any number of reasons besides the coolant level. It’s kind of a Master Warning Light. When it comes on, it means that the computer has detected a fault somewhere and has stored a trouble code to help find that fault. A technician can scan the computer with the appropriate equipment and read the stored codes to determine what made the light come on. You can have this thing scanned at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to read your trouble codes and let you know what it is going to take to solve the problem.

3. 2009 Chevy Aveo engine light went on two weeks after the thermostat housing was replaced.