Q: 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 will start and then dies after 2 seconds

asked by on October 18, 2016

The truck stars but only for two seconds and it runs out of gas like so ting cuts the gas off

Hi there, Your vehicle starting for two seconds and stalling could be caused by several things. It could be an anti-theft system problem, if equipped. It could be an ignition system problem, ie; a faulty ignition module. The bypass circuit works, the run circuit does not. It could be a fuel delivery system problem, ie; a faulty fuel pump. Loses pressure for a variety of reasons. The vehicle’s ECM (electronic control module) should recognize the fault. Accessing the computer for codes may help with diagnoses. With all the things it could be, I recommend having your vehicle’s start and stall be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.