Q: 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 will start and then dies after 2 seconds

The truck stars but only for two seconds and it runs out of gas like so ting cuts the gas off

A: Hi there, Your vehicle starting for two sec...

Hi there, Your vehicle starting for two seconds and stalling could be caused by several things. It could be an anti-theft system problem, if equipped. It could be an ignition system problem, ie; a faulty ignition module. The bypass circuit works, the run circuit does not. It could be a fuel delivery system problem, ie; a faulty fuel pump. Loses pressure for a variety of reasons. The vehicle's ECM (electronic control module) should recognize the fault. Accessing the computer for codes may help with diagnoses. With all the things it could be, I recommend having your vehicle's start and stall be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.