Q: Question about driver side break

Hey there, I recently had my tires balanced and rotated. I had my front brakes looked at while I had the tires off. Now it's been roughly one week and I hear some sort of scratching/buzzing noise coming from the driver side tire. So when I got today I just figures I'd take a look at it and noticed that the caliper looks awfully longer than the rest. I'm guessing it's not supposed to be . Any ideas??

A: The information and description is a bit li...

The information and description is a bit limited but I can do my best to assist you.

I’m not quite sure I know what you mean when you say one caliper looks longer than the rest? The front brakes are generally larger than the rear brakes.

As for the scratching or buzzing sound, it’s hard to say without knowing more details such as if this noise is only present when the car is moving, or if it present when it is stopped as well. Does the noise come and go when the brakes are applied?

I appears that you can use the assistance of one of our certified mobile technicians. They will come out to your home or office and inspect your braking system as well as perform a test drive to confirm your scratching noise as well as locate the exact cause. They will also be able to assist you with any repairs needed to get your brakes operating quietly and efficiently.