Q: There's no oil in my car and it's making a loud noise when I drive

asked by on August 02, 2017

My oil light came on about two weeks ago I planned on taking it soon. About 4 days ago I was leaving the house and my car started making a loud noise. I immediately came back home and looked up what could be the problem. It said there was probably no oil in the car, turns out that's the case. I called Firestone and they said I should tow it to a dealership because there maybe some internal damage now. I'm curious if it's necessary to do all that or should I just get some one to change my oil based on the fact the car is so old.

Try to add about 3 to 4 quarts of oil to bring it up to full mark and then see if engine noise goes away. You may not have damaged engine yet. If noise continues after adding oil then you did engine damage and may need engine replacement?