Q: I have rebuild transmission and is not driving out of D and D3.

asked by on November 19, 2016

i have rebuild transmission and is not driving out of D and D3 . it can be driven in D2 and D1 and ones is driving i can upshift it to D and D3 and drive just fine, where i made mistake in putting it back together?

Hi there. Check the shifter cable alignment to the transmission and make sure that the main valve is aligned up properly. The main valve could be off aligned causing the vehicle to not drive in the D and D3 selections. Also, check the harness to the transmission and make sure that all of the pins are working and making contact to the electrical system in the transmission. If you need further assistance with your transmission not shifting in the D and D3 selection, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.