Skip the auto shop - Our mechanics make house calls

Q: Car not getting fuel after repair

asked by on

The car first broke down with a blown head gasket. Something happened while we were getting that fixed and now it is not getting any fuel.

In order to replace a head gasket on most vehicles, the fuel rail must be removed. It is possible that one or a few of the fuel injectors may have been left unplugged or a fuel injector could be broken. It is also possible that the main electrical connector for your fuel system remains unplugged. I would recommend having the person replaced your head gasket take another look at your vehicle to go over things they may have removed in order to correct the issue. Also have the vehicle checked for trouble codes with an OBD2 scanner that may help diagnose your issue.

Was this answer helpful?

Need advice from certified mechanic? Get help now!

Over 1000 mechanics are ready to answer your question.
The statements expressed above are only for informational purposes and should be independently verified. Please see our terms of service for more details

Get an instant quote for your car

Our certified mechanics come to you ・Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee・Fair and transparent pricing

Get a quote

What others are asking

Q: Antifreeze mixing in with oil and leaking.

If oil and coolant is mixing, then the engine oil level may have overfilled the engine oil and coolant mixed and oil got on the ground. Pull out your dipstick to check oil level to see if it is overfilled....

Q: What is going on with my car?

Hi there. Check the fuel injectors and see if they are working or not. If the fuel injectors are not working, then you would need to replace the fuel injectors. If the fuel injectors are fine and the engine operates...

Q: My honda starts on the 3rd attempt 90% of the time. The other 10% it may start on the 1st or 2nd. The check engine light is on. I

This may be related to many things such as low fuel pressure, a faulty fuel injector or potentially faulty idle air control valve. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to perform a basic...

Related articles

How Do Power Car Windows Increase Passenger Safety?
Power windows are responsible for approximately 2,000 emergency room visits every year. When a power window closes, it exerts enough force to bruise or break bones, crush fingers, or restrict an airway. Though...
How Long Does a Heater Control Valve Last?
Keeping the right amount of coolant in a car is essential in keeping the engine at the right temperature. Failing to have the right amount of coolant or even bad elements...
P2428 OBD-II Trouble Code: Exhaust Gas Temperature Too High Bank 1
P2428 code definition A P2428 trouble code signifies that the PCM has detected a problem in the exhaust gas temperature sensor circuit in bank 1, which subsequently contains the number one...