Q: Startup issus, error codes

I've been having startup issues lately. When I'm driving for a couple of miles, the car runs fine. Then, if I turn off the car for about 45 minutes, after that it just cannot be started again. The code reader gave the following error codes: P0170, P0173 and P0335. I had the MAF sensor cleaned. What could be the problem?

Those codes: P0170, P0173, and P0335 are indicating that the airflow coming in that is read by the MAF sensor to set up fuel injection timing does not match what the oxygen sensors are reading based on the exhaust sample.

This condition is being read by both banks which point more to a MAF that is reading within parameters but not reading correctly.

The P0335 code is cam sensor fault and generally would not cause the drivability issue you are experiencing. Because on cold startup the MAF and Oxygen sensors are initially ignored, this is why the problem is not there. However, once the oxygen sensors are on line, that is why the restating of the vehicle is difficult.

Cleaning the MAF sensor will sometimes work, but it likely needs to be replaced. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose your Check Engine Light. They will be able read and compare the air sample of the MAF against the oxygen sensor voltage to see if there is a large disparity, and then make any adjustments or repairs as necessary.