Q: Fuel pump not installed correctly, gas smell.

asked by on December 22, 2015

I recently had the fuel pump replaced on my car, but I am still having problems. I can smell gas and when I fill up, gas comes out of the top of the tank.

Evaporative Emission Control Canister Replacement $180.77 - $1023.67 Get a Quote

I would have the car checked out by a technician. There could be a number of things that would cause a fuel leak. If you notice it leaking when you fill it up it could be the EVAP canister and you will need a technician to replace it. It will require the removal of the fuel tank.