Q: Engine won't turn over.

asked by on September 30, 2016

I took my dash apart to try and fix an issue in the air system. I drove it into the shop yesterday, turned it off, and put the dash back on. I went to start it and I have system voltage, but none of the gauges are registering, and it's throwing a fault code for power steering. I tried to push start it, and it won't even actuate the starter. I didn't touch any wiring and i'm not understanding why the engine won't turn over. Did I pinch a wire when I put the dash back on or something?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, thanks for your question. Removing the dash of your 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt is a large job requiring the removal of many components. Since the problems started after the dash was removed than the repair likely caused the no start condition. There are a few likely suspects at this point such as the ignition switch or wiring harness fault. It would not be uncommon for a connector left unplugged or a pinched wire to cause the no start issue when the dash was reinstalled. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your no start condition and make any repairs required.