Q: I just took my 2010 Nissan Rogue to the dealership for a diagnostic, I was told my a/c compressor is bad and I also need a new dri

asked by on July 22, 2017

Just took my car to the Nissan dealership to get a diagnostic done as my car was making a whirling/rattling sound. They informed me that the a/c compressor is what's causing the noise and that I would also need to replace the drive belt. I was wondering if replacing the drive belt for now and the a/c compressor later when I can afford to fork over $1000 would be ok to do.?

If the a/c compressor is binding or wobbling from bad compressor bearings then replacing the belt will not fix anything and the compressor may just tear up the new belt.