Q: I just took my 2010 Nissan Rogue to the dealership for a diagnostic, I was told my a/c compressor is bad and I also need a new dri

asked by on July 22, 2017

Just took my car to the Nissan dealership to get a diagnostic done as my car was making a whirling/rattling sound. They informed me that the a/c compressor is what's causing the noise and that I would also need to replace the drive belt. I was wondering if replacing the drive belt for now and the a/c compressor later when I can afford to fork over $1000 would be ok to do.?

If the a/c compressor is binding or wobbling from bad compressor bearings then replacing the belt will not fix anything and the compressor may just tear up the new belt.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr