Q: Ocassional loss of power

Hi, model type is a mercedes mb100 panel van.

The van has spluttering every now and then. comes with a loss of power to the accelerator and feel like it is about to stall. only lasts a few seconds and usually while going up hill at around 2500 rmp. A change down in gear usually resovles the issue. The problem has been more frequent over the past few week. We are considering changing the spark plugs and the fuel filter but being on the road and the type of vehicle it will not be an easy job.

Any recommendations or thoughts on the issue would be appreciated

Cheers, Pete

A: Hi there. If your MB panel van is diesel, i...

Hi there. If your MB panel van is diesel, it’s possible that the change in diesel fuel (summer to winter blend) along with a clogged fuel filter or fuel injectors might be causing the stumbling issue you’re experiencing. However, if it’s gasoline powered, you might have an issue with the mass air flow sensor or O2 sensors, as this typically is what causes the issues you’re describing. If you would like to have an expert pinpoint the problem, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the loss of power and move forward with repairs.