Q: Wheel bearing loud

The wheel bearings are very loud when driving on the highway.

A: Hello. I take it that you are experiencing ...

Hello. I take it that you are experiencing a noise while driving. Often time tire noise is mistaken for wheel bearings. If the noise is present while driving and seem to become slightly louder on slowing down it could be tire noise. Wheel bearings tend to be noisier when turning, like a lane change, and the noise is present for that short time until your vehicle goes straight again. Wheel bearings could also be checked when the wheel is jacked up off the ground, by spinning and checking for axial play. Since this is a noise, it's a hand on diagnosis, that would require a mechanic to hear and experience your concern to determine the cause of the noise.