Electrical problems with car 2009 chevrolet turn signals ...

Q: Electrical problems with car

asked by on February 06, 2016

I have a few problems with my car. It is difficult to remove the key from the ignition switch, sometimes the hazard lights will come on without using the switch, and the turn signal keeps clicking after I have turned it off.

Hello. The key issue is probably due to a worn ignition cylinder. Replacing the cylinder should do the trick. These vehicles are also known for having the key completely stuck in the ignition due to a failure in the shift interlock. But, since you say the key comes out I would lean more towards the ignition cylinder. As for the hazard lights staying on, the problem could be a failed flasher, a failed switch or a short in the hazard circuit. The clicking from the turn signals indicates a problem with the canceling cam. I suggest you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the electrical components in your vehicle and replace any damaged parts.