Q: Lights keep going out

asked by on February 13, 2016

The dash and front and back right running lights keep going out and blowing a fuse. I need to find the short.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi. Looking at the wiring diagram for your vehicle, I see that the daytime running lights (DRL) were only available in Canada. So, I’m not sure if you mean the DRL or the headlights and tail lamps. Regardless, the factory wiring diagram will have to be consulted to determine where the short is. There are a several methods for finding a short. All involve removing the fuse and inserting a test device in its place. The components are removed from the circuit while monitoring the test device. A trained technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect for possible electrical problems and suggest an appropriate repair.