Q: Coolant leaking from somewhere. No clue where from.

My coolant gradually disappears after about 100 miles, completely empties the overflow tank, did an oil change yesterday, and noticed coolant dripping from the skid plate. The oil was not milky at all, and no white smoke has ever come out. I can't seem to find the leak.

Hello. Locating a coolant leak can be a challenge. The coolant system operates under a low pressure. When you need to locate a leak, you must create that pressure. There is a tool called a coolant pressure tester that can be used to do this safely without the vehicle operating. There are other methods such as putting dye into the coolant and using a black light to locate a leak. If you’d like, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to inspect the coolant system, pinpoint the leak, and follow through with any repairs.

3. Coolant leaking from somewhere. No clue where from.