Q: Output shaft speed sensor 2013 Ford Mustang what will happen if I disconnected car is not running right now

Output shaft speed sensor is bad what will happen if I disconnected will car still run

Disconnecting the sensor will cause the vehicle computer to see an open circuit to the sensor and turn on the Check Engine Light. The computer may go into a failure mode and cause many different drive problems depending on the computer strategy in its programming. You will most likely have shifting hard on up shifts and downshifts of the transmission. The overdrive may be disabled along with cruise control and other speed related components. Before disconnecting the sensor the code you are getting now should be diagnosed. This way you will know if it is a sensor problem or an internal transmission problem.

• Output shaft speed sensor 2013 Ford Mustang what will happen if I disconnected car is not running right now