Q: Loud idling, clunking, vibrating when stopping, sluggish engine

I'm having very loud sounds and shaking of my car. It idles very loudly. Besides that, there is a clunking noise while I back up. When the clunk is heard, I occasionally have my foot on the brake. There is vibrating that is so strong and can be felt in the steering wheel. Vibrating occurs when I stop during driving. Also, the engine seems to lose power, like it's not getting enough fuel. I've been to the dealership, but they couldn't solve the issue. Do you have any idea what could cause this and how to fix it? I appreciate your help.

It sounds like you may have a faulty engine or transmission mount. These mounts are what secures the engine or transmission to the frame of the vehicle. These mounts are made of metal frames with large solid pieces of rubber built on them. This rubber is meant to absorb vibrations from the engine running and the transmission shifting. If the rubber portion of the mount has been severely worn, this can cause it to have much more flex, thus the engine or transmission will have movement. When the gear selector is changed from drive to reverse, the transmission will tweak itself slightly in the opposite direction. If one of your mounts is faulty, this can cause the engine or transmission to clunk against the frame. The vibration you feel throughout your vehicle is also very likely related to a faulty engine or transmission mount because these parts are intended to absorb vibrations, as well as secure the engine or transmission to the vehicle. I would recommend having this issue checked out by a certified mechanic to diagnose and inspect why your engine is shaking, and vibrating.

3. Loud idling, clunking, vibrating when stopping, sluggish engine