Q: 2007 Dodge caravan won't start

Van wont start unless jumped. Is this an indicator of battery, alternator, or starter?

Hello, thank you for writing in. This is a great question. The battery is solely responsible for starting the vehicle. This is assuming your connections and wires are clean, dry, and tight. Once the battery starts the vehicle, the alternator running off the engine keeps the vehicle powered while driving, and allows the battery to recharge and keep a full charge for when it is parked and off. Your issue is most likely a failing battery, and you can have it tested at most local automotive parts stores. Keep in mind it may have put added stress on the alternator, and you will want to keep an eye on the voltage gauge on your dash for a week or so. For more help replacing the battery, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. 2007 Dodge caravan won't start