Q: Front brakes drag

My front brakes are dragging since i put new pads and rotors on... ive since put new calipers, soft lines and master cylinder, completely flushed the system still dragging

A: In order to locate the possible cause of yo...

In order to locate the possible cause of your front brakes dragging, you will need to do some tests to isolate the cause. When you are testing the system brakes dragging the lift and support, check both front wheels to see if both brakes are binding. If they are, then open the right caliper bleeder to see if there is pressure in the line and the brakes release.

If it releases, then the master cylinder is holding pressure in the line. If the wheel still is binding, then the problem is in the caliper slides or where the brakes slide in the caliper bracket.

I have seen aftermarket brakes have excessive paint and casting material on the ends where the pads go into the caliper bracket. The pads will bind if they do not slide easily in the bracket. You may have to file the ends of the pads of excess material and paint and lube them properly to allow them to slide good. I wouldn’t drive too long with this symptom and recommend getting this taken care of soon. If you need help having this done, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose your brake system and make the appropriate repairs or adjustments.