Q: Check Engine light illuminated

The Check Engine light is on. Mechanic said there was a leak, but they couldn't find it.

Hi. A Check Engine Light that relates to a leak will usually be an EVAP leak. EVAP leaks can be very hard to find without the proper training or equipment. I suggest having a well technician use a smoke machine to help pinpoint the leak. The machine will pump smoke through your entire EVAP system and anywhere the smoke escapes is where the EVAP leak is located. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the Check Engine Light and determine exactly what the problem.