Q: Car stalls, and then stops, after I restart it goes a bit and stops again. Speed is low

Started 2 days ago. As I was driving in the parking garage. The car got slow and stalled. I stopped restarted and went a couple stories and stopped. I parked, left and came back next day. 5 mile drive the car stopped by 3 times..went to Toyota they ran diagnostics and came w 3 main codes. P2714. P0746 p2808..other codes for misfire and speed sensor. What could be the problem? Looked them up and they seem to be solenoid. Is that an electrical issue or transmission replacement issue?? Thanks for your help. . Nevin

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. All three codes refer to the pressure control solenoid in the transmission. Check the fluid level and top it off if the fluid is low. Check the harness to the transmission for any corrosion, moisture, oil, or any broken / bent pins. If the fluid is good and the harness is good, then you will need to replace the pressure control solenoid. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your transmission, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can diagnose your vehicle’s stalling problem and assist with repairs.

3. Car stalls, and then stops, after I restart it goes a bit and stops again. Speed is low