Q: Trunk pops open

asked by on February 15, 2016

The trunk keeps popping open.

Trunk does not lock or open Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The right solution to this problem would depend on whether you have a motorized trunk latch, or a touch pad system. If you have a motorized trunk latch, the problem could be that the latch is not catching; so the trunk will close, but pop open. If you have a touch pad sensor, the problem could be that the sensor is telling the computer that the trunk is not closed, and this would cause the trunk to keep popping open. It is also possible that you have a mechanical trunk latch that is getting stuck. I would recommend that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and diagnose your trunk issues, and make any necessary repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr