Q: There is a loud humming noise coming from from passenger side of car that starts at about 40mph.

There is a loud hum coming from from passenger side of car that starts at about 40mph. I thought it was my tires because I had an oil change last week and they put air in my tires, but it felt strange. It's supposed to be at 32 and when I checked the tire the guy had put them at 45. I let some of the air out but this did not solve the problem. It also feels like the steering is loose.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy to help.

I would suggest checking the wheel bearings as a worn wheel bearing can create this loud hum you are describing. Wheel bearings are subjected to a lot of friction and heat and when they wear out, this is the type of sound they can make.

If you would to further inspect this or if you'd like help changing your wheel bearings, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this issue for you, and perform any repairs as needed.