Q: Like rumble noise on pulley system side

A rumble like noise almost like a grind noise. This issue started when i replaced the a/c compressor, replaced that then had a really loud rumble noise coming from that area only when accelerating at low speed. You could only hear the noise from inside of the car. So took some advice from a friend to replace Tensioner pulley. Once replaced and started the vehicle belt was squeaking really bad. So then i replaced belt. Once again started vehicle squeak went away but rumble like noise is still there not too bad but still there. Do you advise that i change out the idler pulley's? Need some type of advice before something really screws up on my car.

Hello. If this occurred right after the compressor was replaced then I would look at the compressor as the issue. If the correct oil and quantity was not added to the compressor then this will occur. If the compressor is not mounted securely this can also happen

Before warrantying the compressor I would check the work around it to make sure that there is nothing loose like an engine mount or any of the mounting bolts. I do not think that this is an idler pulley.

If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the noise firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. Like rumble noise on pulley system side