Shaking on acceleration over 3,000 rpm. rpm (revolutions ...

Q: Shaking on acceleration over 3,000 rpm.

asked by on March 06, 2017

Hi there my honda civic type r fn2 is shaking bad on acceleration at anything over 3000rpm its worse goin up hill tyres and balance are all up to standard and also the tracking is good started of a small vibration now is shaking violently i also have engine management light coming on though i think its unrelated

Check the engine for a misfire. Check the spark plugs and see if they are working and if there is park to the spark plugs. If the spark plugs are clean and there is spark to the spark plugs, then check the fuel injectors and see if they are spraying. While the engine is running at idle, remove one fuel injector harness at a time and see if the engine tends to hesitate. If the engine hesitates, then the fuel injector is working. If there is no change, then either the fuel injector is not working or there is something wrong with the cylinder. At that point, shut off the engine and remove the spark plug to the cylinder(s) that are not working and check for compression. If there is good compression, then the fuel injector needs replaced. If the compression is low, then hook up a leak down tester (requires shop compressed air) and listen to where the leak is coming from with that cylinder at top dead center and the valve shut. If you need further assistance with your engine shaking on acceleration, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.