Q: Possible carbon monoxide leak in the car?

asked by on December 08, 2016

I have a 1999 Subaru Legacy. Recently, when I'm driving the car, I get a really bad head ache and I wonder if the car is leaking carbon monoxide. I used to live on the east coast and so there is a lot of rust on the underside of the car. Any thoughts on what could be the issue, how to fix it, and ball-park suggestions on what that could cost?

You will need to have the exhaust system checked at an exhaust shop to see if the exhaust system is also rusted out leaking fumes into the car. If you have floor holes then see a body repair shop to quote those repairs for you. Make sure you drive with a window open for fresh air and make sure you are using outside air on a/c heat system.