Q: Any tips on how to get the shaft out of transmission.

I am replacing passenger side cv drive shaft. I can not get the shaft out of transmission. The clamp that was secured with 2 bolts is out. I can get pretty good pressure from underneath the bottom. (Prying) it just will not slide out. Any suggestions thanks

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are a few things you can try. The most commonly utilized options includes larger and longer tools for more leverage. If you are attempting to save the axle you are removing, you will want to be as gentle as possible, but these do often take a significant amount of effort to remove. Depending on how far you have gotten, you may want to use something small to help break the "seal" that has formed holding it in place. Use a mallet to gently pound it into the crack to loosen up the axle. Have someone support the weight so it is not working against you. For more help from our technicians, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Any tips on how to get the shaft out of transmission.