Q: Stripped catalytic converter exhaust flange stud

I had to replace my cats and when putting the new one In One of the studs attached to the manifold stripped out. Can those studs be replaced so I can tighten all 3 bolts properly?

Yes, absolutely. If the external threads of the stud are damaged, the stud would be extracted, the internal female threads renewed (or a helicoil installed) and a new stud would be placed. If the stud has come out but the internal threads in the manifold are damaged, again either the internal female threads would be renewed or a helicoil would be placed. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an exhaust manifold repair and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Stripped catalytic converter exhaust flange stud