Q: Grinding/ ticking / rattling noise from under front of car and heater not working.

There is a ticking / rattling/grinding noise from under front of car when starting car. When press accelerator noise is still there, but less noticeable when accelerate more. This has also caused the heater not to work, when previously before this problem it worked fine.

A: Hi there. To pinpoint this issue I would de...

Hi there. To pinpoint this issue I would definitely start by getting under the car to try and find the location of the noise.

Most of the time this is caused by a failure in the air conditioning compressor but that should not affect the heater. It may also be a water pump failure which would affect the heater due to the lack of coolant flow.

The most important thing at this time though would be to find the noise and repair that. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose diagnose the noise firsthand.