Q: Transmission or something else?

My trailblazer is having trouble accelerating to change its gears. My car jerks sometimes when it changes gears, mainly the first two gears. Also, sometimes I would try to accelerate and my RPMs won't move and it won't accelerate, just goes the constant speed that I was going. However, when I let off the gas petal and push it again, It accelerates like its supposed to. I notice when this happens, I let off the gas petal and my RPM goes up a little bit then back down.

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $440.73 Get a Quote

This is often a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.