Q: P0491 and P0492 Is the codes I'm getting on 2001 BMW 325i

asked by on February 28, 2017

P0491 and P0492 PLEASE ANY INFO ON HOW TO FIX THEM OR TEMORLY PATCH THEM TO PASS INSPECTION Would be appreciated thanks

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - the P0491 and P0492 codes reflect a problem with the secondary air injection pump mechanism - not enough air flow is detected. This problem could be the pump itself (check fuses and relay), the check valve, or the hoses routing the air to the engine. For assistance, I recommend a Check Engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.