Q: Code po335

asked by on August 15, 2017

What does code po335 indicate

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

YourMechanic has published an informative FAQ dealing with Trouble Code P0335. Broadly, when Code P0335 sets, it means that there is a fault somewhere in the circuit for the crankshaft position sensor. But, the exact location of the fault has to be determined through a careful diagnostic because there are quite a few possible causes, such as: an open or short in the wiring harness; a poor electrical connections; crankshaft position sensor failure; damaged signal plate; broken or mispositioned timing belt or chain; and PCM faulty (not common). If you request a check engine light diagnostic a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use an advanced code scanner to confirm the code, download any accompanying data such as "freeze-frame" data, look at real time data while the engine is running, and then test the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems to pinpoint the cause. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you schedule the recommended diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you and all on a mobile basis right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr